Proud BQuickJJ affiliate
Professor Brandon Quick
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a martial art, combat sport, and a self defense system that focuses on grappling and especially ground fighting.
We offer a traditional Gi Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class for beginners and advanced students. We also offer Open Mat times to review and grapple with other members.
Top reasons to start Jiu Jitsu
- Try something new: Let’s face it, people don’t like change! However, change is good for us to get out of the rhythm of life. Jiu Jitsu is the perfect thing to change your life. It will allow you to grow as a person by applying the same lessons learned on the mat to your daily life. Lessons such as how to deal with adversity, how to learn from your mistakes and how to set goals you will actually follow thru with.
- Get into shape: We all set those goal at the beginning of the year to lose a few extra pounds but halfway thru the year, we stop going to the gym as often. What if every time you went to work out it didn’t feel like work and was fun. Not to say that Jiu Jitsu isn’t work, but it is fun and you will definitely notice those pounds shedding away when training just three days a week.
- Meet new people: Maybe you need a change of people in your life; your friends are negative or maybe you don’t have many friends at all. Jiu Jitsu is full of people from all walks of life. They all share one common goal of wanting to work together and support each other in getting better each day. I can’t tell you how many times people walk into a gym shy and timid and three months later; they are a completely different person. Sharing the mat with someone is a bond that will last a lifetime.
- Gain Self Confidence: Self Confidence is something that is gained from training any martial art and can carry over into our day-to-day life. By training in Jiu Jitsu, you will learn how to deal with adversity from things like finally perfecting a move or fighting out of a submission.
- Learn Self-Defense: Jiu Jitsu was originally created by Carlos and Helio Gracie as a martial art for self-defense for the smaller person to defeat the larger person with technique and not strength. Jiu Jitsu is the only martial art that you can always train as hard as you want and not sustain an injury, this makes it the most practical martial art for self-defense. It is a great martial art for children as young and 6 years old to learn practical techniques to defend themselves.
Coaches Thomas and Erin Longacre
Coach Nate Kregel
Coach Jimmy Flick